Excel manage the VBA password simply comparing strings, so one method is simply to swap out the password entry in the file using a hex editor (Freeware Hex Editor and Disk Editor).
- Backup you file making a copy
- create a new simple Excel file
- In the VBA part (ALT + F11), set a simple password (for example 123).
- Open VBA part by pressing (ALT+F11)
- From “Tools” menu, select “VBAProject Properties…”
- Select “Protection” tab, and here input your desired password (like 123)
- Save the file and exit
- Open the file you just created with the hex editor.
- Copy the lines starting with the following keys:
- Open the file you want to crack with your hex editor and paste the above copied lines from the dummy file
- Save the excel file and exit
- Now open the excel file you need to see the VBA code in. The password for the VBA code will simply be 123.